11 October 2012

Food Blogger Connect : a great meeting in London

At last I'm back ,sipping a cup of smoked tea while the Guinness Cake is cooling on the rack and Fall is advancing here in Provence . I was  ten days in London , three of which for the Food Blogger Connect , the annual meeting for food-bloggers in Europe ( but with people coming from all-over the world) .
It was my first time at the FBC and I must say it is very very well organised : all the time you had some interesting lesson to attend or workshops , all the day long you had a cup of coffee or tea and amazing food for breakfast , lunch , afternoon tea and supper . I attended two workshops : the first was held by Dianne Jacobs , a fantastic food-writer  and a wonderful ,caring person also . The  second ,about  food photograpy, was with Ellen Silverman who had the patience to have a look at all of our blogs to give us her advice and suggestions ( for me was : keep it simple and use something to filter the light ).
I met people....that's the purpose . I can't remenber all ,but I finally met Sandra , which I knew only by the net , it was magical to see her even if only for a short time . And Giulia , Regula,Rossella,Rossella ( yes I know, same name but two different persons , I love them ) Carla,Sally,Sarka , Marika, and Bethany who's the mind behind all this .




Why did I go there ? Why did I began to write this blog ? I suppose that's all about finding my voice .
Something has been lost along the way . Life hasn't been much kind . But today I can write a new chapter . So long . Have a good night ,you all . And a better day .

 

9 comments:

  1. Che bella occasione! Confrontarsi è sempre molto stimolante, specie se a quei livelli.
    Son contenta che tu sia ritornata .. a scrivere!
    Attendo, con ansia di vedere che combini... che curriooooosa!
    Buona serata,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nora : ciao carissima ! eh eh...il prossimo progetto é aprire la mia scuola di cucina qui in Provenza ! e altro ancora , ma per scaramanzia non parlo :)) Ti abbraccio forte .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giuseppina, quanto mi piacerebbe conoscere anche te! Magari prima del prossimo incontro a Londra...
    Bellissima esperienza!
    P.s. E io posso venire e frequentare la tua scuola?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cara Stefania ,certo che si .....ho un vagone di ricette gluten-free : a causa di una cliente che non puo mangiare alcuna farina ,più che gluten-free !Pure a me piacerebbe conoscerti , fosse la volta buona che scendo in Sicilia !

      Delete
  4. Giuseppina mi sei mancata...ho immaginato che tu fossi li. Anche io in quei giorni ero a Londra ma solo per piacere e in una fuga brevissima. l'anno prossimo pero vengo anche io! Non vedo l'ora di leggere qualche tua nuova ricetta. Un bacio grande, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carissima Patty ,sarebbe bellissimo andarci insieme ! Sono sicura che per una persona solare come te sara un'esperienza meravigliosa . Io sono fondalmentalmente una timida che ha bisogno di tempo ,per questo voglio tornare . Ricette in arrivo ! Ti abbraccio forte .

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice of you to share... sounds and looks like you had a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Enzo ! Yes , I had a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! Didn't know that there is such a nice blogger meeting! Love it!!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'll be very happy to receive your comments !