27 May 2012

Farewell Provence : a cocktail in Goult


I live in Goult ,a small village in the South  of France where I work as a personal chef and I do cooking classes on demande . Last  year Erica & Irwin took a sabbatical period and came to Goult , to try how's life in the countryside and abroad at the same time ( they live in Sidney ) They stayed 9 month here and they're leaving next wednesday so they wanted to organize a cocktail to say goodbye to the friends they made here and asked me if I was available to do it : I was very pleased to accept ! Yesterday morning I went to the market in Apt for shopping : I wanted to prepare a very typical Provençal buffet for this special occasion . I found the first melons and they were simply delicious ,  abricots , lots of vegetables to serve with anchoiade and another sauce with mustard , I prepared a pissaladière , a focaccia with seeds and oregano, a cold tomatoes soup and a choice of  local goat's cheeses and some  amazing Brie . This morning I met them at the ' Café de la Poste' they were so happy for their Party yet a little bit sad for leaving...






Goult

 




7 comments:

  1. Più leggo i tuoi post e più mi innamoro del tuo blog! L'atmosfera che si coglie in queste meravigliose immagini è bellissima! :-)
    A presto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Assunta , quello che dici mi onora veramente : sai che ti ammiro moltissimo !

      Delete
  2. Sono appena svenuta....ho bisogno di un paio di quei bicchierini per riprendermi...tu non puoi fare così il lunedì mattina! E' un colpo bassissimo!
    Ti abbraccio incredibile donna! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazingly simple and divine spread of food!
    ciao
    enzo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you Enzo , you too do amazing food !

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you ! When are you coming in Provence?

      Delete

I'll be very happy to receive your comments !